ECORESPONSABILITY means adopting and advocating for responsible practices on a daily basis in order to collectively improve quality of life and environmental conservation. By making strategic decisions regarding sustainable development through their ECORESPONSIBLETM practices, businesses and organizations show their tangible contribution to sustainable development. In doing so, they reduce their ecological impact and improve their value chain.
The CID created the 4-level ECORESPONSIBLETM Certification to address the needs of organizations looking to progressively implement ECORESPONSIBLETM practices. These changes will allow them to improve their overall performance, be it economic, environmental, social or pertaining to governance.
To download the ECORESPONSIBLE™ Certification’s v5.2 specifications, please contact the Conseil des Industries Durables: email@example.com
Developed in partnership with:
Regardless of your activity sector, the ECORESPONSIBLETM Certification provides you with undeniable benefits. Studies led by the international community show that ecoresponsibility goes hand in hand with profitability, regardless of your business or organization’s size, location or activity sector.
Being certified and displaying the ECORESPONSIBLETM Certification seal will be officially recognized by:
- Clients and contractors
- Government authorities
- The business sector
- The general population and consumers
The ECORESPONSIBLETM Certification has a positive impact on:
- Revenue and profitability
- Strategic commercialization policy levers
- Visibility and credibility
- Innovation and development
- Talent attraction and retention
- Demonstrating leadership
The CID’s ECORESPONSIBLETM Certification, a part of the ECORESPONSIBLETM Program, is a global, integrated approach that takes into account recognized sustainable development principles and best practices. These include:
- ISO 26000 and ISO standards tied to management systems
- 10 of the UN Global Compact Principles
- The UN’s Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
- ECOLEADERSHIPTM Methodology
- BNQ 21000 Standards
- GRI 4 (Global Reporting Initiative) – Guidelines for sustainability reporting
ISEAL Alliance: ISEAL’s Ten Credibility Principles
La Certification ÉCORESPONSABLEMC, issue du Programme ÉCORESPONSABLEMCdu CID, est une approche globale et intégrée tenant compte des principes et des meilleures pratiques reconnues en matière de DD, parmi lesquelles :
- ISO 26000 et autres normes ISO liées à des systèmes de gestion
- 10 Principes du pacte mondial de l’ONU
- Principes d’investissement responsable de l’ONU (PRI)
- Méthodologie ÉCOLEADERSHIPMC
- Guide et outils BNQ 21000
- GRI 4 (Global Reporting Initiative) – Lignes directrices pour le reporting en DD
- Alliance ISEAL : Les dix (10) Principes de crédibilité ISEAL
Audit: ECOCERT Certification Body
Group ECOCERT is a certification body serving people and the environment. The company, which has globally recognized expertise in certifying environmental standards, will be in charge of certifying businesses or organizations that will be involved in the CID’s ECORESPONSIBLETM Certification process.
ECOCERT plans on rolling out the ECORESPONSIBLETM Certification with businesses all over the world, from 29 offices throughout strategic centres in North America, South America, Asia and Europe.
BEING AN ECOLEADER AND SUCCEEDING COLLECTIVELY
The ECOLEADERSHIPTM Methodology provides businesses and organizations with support in their sustainable development management progress. It contributes greatly to obtaining the desired Certification level (4 levels). Regardless of the desired certification level, the business or organization will be able to find within the ECOLEADERSHIPTM Methodology basic pillars that will make obtaining this certification level easier.
The Methodology currently meets the needs of businesses or organizations seeking support, by preparing the file required for obtaining the Certification level.
1. Engagement. The details of the ECOLEADERSHIPTM Methodology tied to subsequent certification levels (Performance, Optimum and Elite) will be specified in the corresponding accompanying manual.
1. Engagement/ Preparing for the change
2. Performance / Implementing follow-up actions and mechanisms
3. Optimum / Optimizing the value chain
4. Elite / Maximizing overall sustainable development performance
ECOLEADERSHIPTM METHODOLOGY – LEVEL 1. ENGAGEMENT
This Methodology includes an approach, a toolbox with high-performing, automated and simple-to-use tools and reference sources, support from a certified CID expert and an online training program.
The Methodology includes all the key factors for successfully integrating ecoresponsible practices within a business or organization, for level 1. Engagement:
- Senior management commitment
- Skills of the ecoresponsible manager
- Formalizing the ecoresponsible committee
- Training and raising awareness about sustainable development with internal stakeholders
- Strategic diagnosis
- Identifying and prioritizing sustainable development issues
- Creating a sustainable development chart
- Creating an ecoresponsible sustainable development plan (strategic chapter)
Will your business be one of the ECOLEADERS to help your industry prosper and improve its image as a responsible economic player?
Tools and Reference Sources
Among other things, the CID offers strategic management tools created to provide support for approaches tied to the 4 ECORESPONSIBLETM Certification levels. These can easily adapt to a business or organization’s needs and can be integrated to a pre-existing management system. There are tools for each activity that must be carried out and for each step, for all 4 Certification levels:
- Accompanying manuals
- Reference sources to sustainable development major standards and norms (ISO 26000, BNQ 21000, Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), etc.)
- All other relevant reference sources for businesses or organizations
AS AN EXAMPLE: LEVEL 1. ENGAGEMENT
The proposed approach for obtaining the ECORESPONSIBLETM Certification, Level 1. Engagement, includes the following tools and reference sources:
- The approach and its founding principles
- The tool box: user manual, adaptable templates, charts and surveys, and reference tools
- The online training program
- Short videos to raise awareness about sustainable development
- The ecoresponsible microsite managed by the CID, through which each business undergoing a certification process benefits from a centralized and collaborative space
- Support from a CID expert
Online training modules for the ECOLEADERSHIPTM Methodology – Level 1. Engagement
The CID offers 8 online training modules for the ECOLEADERSHIPTM Methodology. These training programs are specifically aimed at the people responsible for the sustainable development of businesses, and they ensure that knowledge is transferred consistently and coherently. The online training modules address the ECOLEADERSHIPTM Methodology’s 7 steps. Here are the contents of the 8 online training modules for Level 1. Engagement of the ECORESPONSIBLETM Certification.
- Prepare the approach
- Assess the current situation
- Carry out the diagnosis
- Design change
- Draw up an ecoresponsible chart and plan
- Finalize the file for certification
- Prepare for implementation
Short videos to raise awareness about sustainable development
The CID also provides a series of short online videos to help raise awareness about sustainable development. These videos are generic and can easily be used in all organizations to raise awareness with employees about ecoresponsible practices and to mobilize them around sustainable development.
The videos were designed specifically for businesses or organizations taking part in Level 1: Engagement, but they can also be useful for all subsequent levels.
Here are a few examples of available training videos:
- Raising awareness about sustainable development
- Energy management
- Waste management
- Eco conduct
- Water management
- Responsible purchasing.
Support from accredited experts
LEVEL 1: ENGAGEMENT
Each business or organization can receive specialized support through the network of qualified and accredited CID sustainable development experts. Here is the overall role of the CID expert:
- Provide better understanding and specifications for the steps, activities and tools
- Host 4 ECORESPONSIBLETM committee workshops
- Act as a “coach” for the business or organization
- Provide professional support to the project manager throughout the process.
« All CID partners were instrumental in implementing the ECORESPONSIBLETM Certification, and I am extremely grateful to all of them. Allow me to highlight the COHÉSION RSO team’s input for expertise, and their complete, generous investment in this adventure. Big thanks also go out to Zone C Communication Marketing who supported us with pertinence and patience throughout our communication challenges »
Pierre Fillion, MBA, CEO, CID
Costs associated to the ECORESPONSIBLETM Certification vary depending on each business or organization’s needs in terms of support, training or learning to use the various tools provided by the CID. We provide rates for the certification and a business or organization’s use of the trademark: click here for rate details. For support from a CID Expert via the ECOLEADERSHIPTM Methodology, please contact the CID directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other costs may eventually apply following the CID expert’s file assessment, depending on the business’ specific needs or situation. For example, additional support, a series of sustainable development training videos or use of the trend chart might be recommended, starting with the first level of certification, if the organization so choses.
- Travel, lodging and food costs will be billed as additional charges.
Financial investment can prove to be very beneficial if you consider that businesses taking the sustainable development route have access to many benefits, including financial ones.
- Businesses can also take advantage of certain financial support programs, available through regional governments.